SHOULD I DO A CHEMISTRY EE?
If you love chemistry then definitely go for it, but just know that it’s not a straightforward journey.
- Doesn’t need to be too theoretical
- Not as much essay style writing
- Much more support from your supervisor
- Can be a lot of fun if you like practical work
- Chemistry is a beautiful subject
- Background research is sometimes difficult to find
- Often can run into problems with experiments
- Data collection can be long
The EE guide that has everything in it.
The IB’s full marking criteria including grade bands.
The Chemistry specific section of the guide.
Some people wanted me to upload my EE here because I got an A but I just want to list a few reasons why isn’t necessarily a gold standard for EEs .
- I didn’t get full marks, and I have no idea what I got in each criterion
- This EE is in electrochemistry so it may have no bearing on your EE
- Every EE is honestly different
- I added an abstract which is no longer compulsory and barely anyone does but I needed it
IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED IN CHEMISTRY, DON'T DO A CHEMISTRY EE
Somewhere along the way you’ll likely run into errors in calculations, theory or data. You need passion and determination to get through it.